Teenaged robber could go to jail for 3 years

POSTED: 09/21/12 1:15 PM

GREAT BAY – Michael Angelo L. painted the usual picture of his involvement in two armed robberies: “I know nothing and I am from nowhere,” Prosecutor mr. Gonda van der Wulp described his attitude during his trial in the Court in First Instance yesterday morning.

The robberies took place on September 2 of last year, when the defendant allegedly robbed someone of $18 in cash, a gold necklace and a phone, and on June 18 of this year, when the 19-year-old defendant allegedly held up two boys and took their phone away.

For last year’s robbery, prosecutor Van der Wulp conceded that the actual robbery could have been committed by someone else because the victim was unable to give a clear description of the robber. But somebody bought the phone that belonged to the victim from this defendant,” she said and considered therefore fencing of the phone proven. She demanded 3 years imprisonment.
for the June 18 robbery she considered there is sufficient proof in the file.

mr. Nerissa de la Rosa contested that there is proof for fencing the phone and asked the court to acquit her client. mr. Hatzmann defended the second case.

“The prosecution is giving my client hell,” he said. “There is no sympathy for the perpetrator, but it is there for the victims. Punishments for murder and manslaughter have about doubled in the past twenty years. I ask the court for a lower sentence, because I still see possibilities for my client. I suggest a punishment of 2 years imprisonment with 1 year conditional.”

Judge Tamara Tijhuis will pronounce her verdict on October 10;

Did you like this? Share it:
Teenaged robber could go to jail for 3 years by

Comments are closed.