King-murder trial in January to court

POSTED: 11/13/12 3:04 PM

St. Maarten – The investigation into the September 21 murder of Michael and Thelma King is nearing completion, Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos told this newspaper yesterday. The case will go to trial in the beginning of January next year.

The investigation shows that the three suspects that are currently in custody are the only ones who were involved in the crime.  “We did look at all kinds of possible scenarios, but we found no indications that others were involved,” Mos said.

The suspects in the case are 28-year-old M.K.J., a former security guard, 17-year-old Jeremiah C.M. and 20-year-old J.J.W. The security guard has confessed to the murders that were committed in the couple’s Ocean Club villa in Cupecoy.

Jeremiah C.M. was convicted five months before the murders to 18 months imprisonment for an armed robbery of Global Wealth Trade in the Yogesh Commercial Building. Because of his age, the court suspended 15 months of this verdict. In October of last year M. was sentenced to a 3-month conditional prison term and 80 hours of community service for a burglary at a home in Beacon Hill.

Did you like this? Share it:
King-murder trial in January to court by

Comments are closed.